The history of Louisiana Cat is one of continuity. From 1928 when the original company, Louisiana Tractor and Machinery Company, began operations to the present day operations of Louisiana Cat, we have believed in focusing on the needs of our customers and satisfying them completely.
Starting with one location in Vidalia, La. we grew to four locations by 1954 establishing Monroe, La. as corporate headquarters. These locations handled sales, service and parts of Cat heavy dirt moving equipment involved in levee construction, petroleum site development, and land clearing. The company continued to grow during the next three decades as our customers built interstate highways, locks and dams and developed Louisiana's lignite mines. During this time Louisiana Machinery Co. also became one of Caterpillar's most experienced Forest Products dealers.
In 1991, Louisiana Machinery Co. became the statewide dealer for Cat equipment in Louisiana, purchasing five additional locations. We moved our corporate headquarters to Reserve, La., outside New Orleans. Today we have 21 locations across Louisiana.
In 2011, Louisiana Machinery Co. became Louisiana Cat. In addition to a full line of Caterpillar and top brand equipment, we offer engines for marine and industrial applications, as well as the oil and gas industries. We’re also your best source for power generation systems, generator rentals, equipment rental, guidance technology, training solutions and work tools. We even offer a totally new line of Cat vocational trucks.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org